"Coaching is about eliminating our internal obstacles and drawing out the untapped bank of riches latent within each human being"*
Are you looking to:
- Improve your communication skills?
- Increase your self-confidence?
- Improve your relationships?
- Make a change in your life?
- Improve your work-life balance?
- Increase your well-being?
- Expand your career opportunities?
- Move past fear and achieve your goals in life?
- Work on your personal development?
- Get unstuck or find direction?
As a personal and business coach (as well as yoga and martial arts teacher) who specialises in supporting personal development, I help people make transformational changes in their lives. (Read more about my background...)
I know what it feels like to take control and change your life because I have done it myself. (See My story.) Now I enjoy sharing my experience and continuing to help other to do this for themselves. The coaching clients I have worked with have experienced such significant transformation in their lives that it has further reinforced my desire to support people’s self-development in this way. (See testimonials from my coaching clients about their experiences of working with me.)
No matter what you are looking to change or achieve, the keys to success are the same:
- Get clear – as specifically as possible, decide what you want. The clearer you are on what you want to have in your life, the more likely you are to achieve it.
- Get perspective – most people don’t tell anyone what they want or what they are struggling with and, because of that, they don’t get an outside perspective.
- Get support – very few people (if any) achieve anything great alone. Successful sports stars have teams and coaches to support them.
In your coaching programme with me, you will:
- Get a clear vision on what you want to achieve.
- Set goals to help your reach your target.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your ability to make changes that last or that are slowing down your progress.
- Leave the sessions feeling renewed, re-energised and inspired to finally achieve the change you seek.
I mainly use a non-directive approach (i.e. not telling you what to do), but I will also challenge you to move out of your comfort zone and into growth. My style is influenced by Nancy Kline's work on creating a Thinking Environment to empower you to think for yourself by providing sustained attention. This is based on the premise that the quality of everything we do (including our decision-making) depends on the quality of the thinking we do first and that the quality of our thinking depends on the way we treat each other while we are thinking. You will set goals based on what you want to work on, identify resources – your strengths and skills, look at options for action towards these goals, set your commitment to taking these goals forward – with me holding you accountable for this, and we will also look at possible barriers and how you might overcome them. My ultimate aim is that we work at a transformational level, rather than just transactional, providing you with insight and changes at a deeper level that impacts all aspects of your life on a long-lasting basis.
All self-development coaching programmes with me include:
- Initial FREE 30-minute consultation call and coaching information sheet - to answer any questions you may have and to ensure we are a good fit to work together.
- Scheduled 75-minute one-to-one coaching sessions - by Skype or face-to-face, whichever suits you best.
- Follow-up email after each session - a comprehensive email summarising our discussions and your agreed actions, as well as email support between sessions.
- Between session 'homework' - to help you get the most out of the programme and continue your development between sessions.
- Goal setting and accountability - keeping you on track and motivated. Breaking down bigger aims into manageable actions.
- Regular optimisation sessions/reviews - to ensure the coaching is supporting you in the way you need.
- A wide variety of effective tools - drawn from a number of sources including coaching, psychology, applied neuroscience, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and my work as a licenced Feel The Fear Trainer for the Susan Jeffers Organisation.
I am an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), as well as a member of the National Council for Psychotherapists (NCP). I completed my Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching with Barefoot Coaching and the University of Chester. I work to the ethical guidelines and professional standards set out in the Standards of Conduct of the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
I am also a licenced YB12 Coach who can provide a structured 12-month programme of focussed coaching that will help you have your best year ever! This programme is broken down into 12 modules and includes your own workbook for the year and a wealth of action planning tools. If you like structure and you're committed to action in order to change your life, then this programme is for you.
I offer face-to-face or Skype sessions.
Read more about:
- What coaching is - and my coaching style
- The benefits of coaching - how it can help you achieve your goals
- How NLP is linked to coaching - and why they work so well together
- My workshops - to move past fear and develop a confident life
- Yoga sessions - to support your personal development
- My packages and prices - find an option to suit you
*Reference: Whitmore, J., (2009) Coaching for performance: GROWing human potential and purpose.