As a personal and business coach (as well as yoga and martial arts teacher) who specialises in supporting personal development, I help people make transformational changes in their lives and see the results in the way they do business.
I came to coaching after seventeen years in Communications because I enjoyed working with people and I believe the two disciplines are closely linked. I am also a Licenced Master Practitioner of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), which I incorporate into my coaching style to get the best results. I am also a licenced Feel The Fear Trainer for the Susan Jeffers Organisation, which further supports my coaching work.
Much of my time in Communications was spent managing and mentoring teams, as well as coaching and advising senior leaders, in a business environment. I therefore, have a keen awareness of the requirements for high performing teams and individuals in a corporate setting.
No matter what you are looking to change or achieve, the keys to success are the same:
- Get clear – as specifically as possible, decide what you want. The clearer you are on what you want to have in your life, the more likely you are to achieve it.
- Get perspective – most people don’t tell anyone what they want or what they are struggling with and, because of that, they don’t get an outside perspective.
- Get support – very few people (if any) achieve anything great alone. Successful sports stars have teams and coaches to support them.
In your coaching programme with me, you will:
- Get a clear vision on what you want to achieve.
- Set goals to help your reach your target.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your ability to make changes that last or that are slowing down your progress.
- Leave the sessions feeling renewed, re-energised and inspired to finally achieve the change you seek.
I mainly use a non-directive approach (i.e. not telling clients what to do), but I will also challenge them to move out of their comfort zone and into growth for the benefit of themselves and the business. My style is influenced by Nancy Kline's work on creating a Thinking Environment to empower the client to think for themselves by providing sustained attention. This is based on the premise that the quality of everything we do (including our decision-making) depends on the quality of the thinking we do first and that the quality of our thinking depends on the way we treat each other while we are thinking. This approach works well in both individual and group coaching settings - encouraging independent thinking with rigor, imagination, courage and grace.
I encourage the client to set goals based on the issues that want to work on and that have been agreed with the business, identify resources – their strengths and skills, look at options for action towards these goals, set commitment to taking these goals forward – with me holding them accountable for this, and we will also look at possible barriers and how they might overcome them. My ultimate aim is that we work at a transformational level, rather than just transactional, providing my clients with insight and changes at a deeper level that impact their work and their life on a long-lasting basis.
All coaching programmes with me include:
- Initial FREE 30-minute consultation call and coaching information sheet - to answer any questions you may have and to ensure we are a good fit to work together.
- Scheduled 75-minute one-to-one coaching sessions - usually by Skype, but can also be face-to-face or on the phone (usually fortnightly).
- Follow-up email after each session - summarising our discussions and your agreed actions, as well as email support between sessions.
- Between session 'homework' - to help you get the most out of the programme and continue your development between sessions.
- Goal setting and accountability - keeping you on track and motivated.
- Regular optimisation sessions/reviews - to ensure the coaching is supporting you in the way you need.
- A wide variety of effective tools - drawn from a number of sources including coaching, psychology, applied neuroscience, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) and my work as a licenced Feel The Fear Trainer for the Susan Jeffers Organisation.
I am a an Associate Certified Coach (ACC) and member of the International Coach Federation (ICF), as well as a member of the National Council for Psychotherapists (NCP). I completed my Post Graduate Certificate in Personal and Business Coaching with Barefoot Coaching and the University of Chester. I work to the ethical guidelines and professional standards set out in the Standards of Conduct of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Read more about:
- What coaching is - and how it works
- The benefits of coaching - what coaching can do for your business
- How NLP is linked to coaching - and why they work so well together
- My packages and prices
- Speaking at business events - would you like me to provide a talk?
Please see testimonials about my coaching work.
Have you thought about corporate yoga classes as another way to support the well-being of employees within your business?
Please contact me for more information.